Monday, December 31, 2012

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge--Get Organized!


So, the challenge over at FCCB  this week for Challenge Me Monday is a 2013 Get Organized Cricut Crawl.  Since I have made a commitment to get back into my craft room and get back into blogging for 2013, I decided I needed to make a light box to photograph my creations.  The challenge includes a project to help you get organized anywhere in the house, and it must include at least one Cricut cut.

To start, I used a Priority Mail cardboard box that had arrived with some goodies inside a few weeks ago.  I covered the inside with white paper.  Then, I used my trusty ATG to cover the outside with some cute (and cheap) scrapbook paper from Target.  My signature color is pink, so it was quite the departure for me to go with this Circus-y lookin' stuff, but I do like how it turned out.  Then I cut the camera layers from the Create a Critter cartridge.  I used my Gypsy to line them up (each piece fit on a 4x4 piece of cardstock).  Then I used my Gypsy to weld letters from the Lyrical Letters cartridge for the sentiment.  I layered everything up, cut out the turquoise paper around the lettering, and added some accents with the gelly roll pen.  I really, really like it, and it will make my photography simpler...yay, me!

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous light box! Love how you decorated it!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your light box is awesome! I've been doing plenty of organizing lately as my crafting stash has gotten a bit out of hand... lol. Happy New Year and I'm a new follower! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to say "Hello". I am a new follower.

    Happy New Year,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your light box thank you for sharing it with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good idea and love that you decorated it in a fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Idea, I like how you recycled as well !! Thanks for joining in with us at FCCB this week !!!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, I had no idea you could make a light box like this! Yours looks cute all dressed up, too! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute & original! Photo taking for our blogs is always an art in itself! Can't wait to see what you photograph. Thanks for sharing in the FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and nice job, too.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!