Saturday, October 15, 2016

Because I have so much extra time on my hands...



I have decided to take on a side business of baking custom cupcakes.  I have always loved baking and cake decorating, and I have talked about this for a long time.  My retirement job will be to open a bakery called "Three Sweet Bees,"  which is a tribute to two dear friends.  

This fall, I have had three big baking projects completed:

This is my husband's birthday cake!  It is a carrot cake made from carrots I picked from our garden that morning, with cream cheese buttercream and chopped pecans.  He loves carrot cake!  We devoured this pretty quickly!




These beauties are Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcakes that I made for a school bake sale.  The straws are fondant that I made by rolling it around the outside of an actual straw.  I love how these turned out.  I found the wrappers on Pinterest somewhere and used them, since the bake sale was for a non-profit.  I would not use these same wrappers if I was selling these for a business, as the logo is trademark and copyright protected.



And this beauty...my daughter's 14th birthday cake from the House of Gryffindor...or however you spell it.  I am not a Harry Potter fan.  I've read only one of the books, so I have basically no knowledge.  But my daughter wanted a Harry themed party.  The cake features the Gryffindor scarf, Harry's glasses and lightning bolt scar, and a Golden Snitch, all made of fondant.  The Sorting hat topper is made from Rice Crispies Treats and covered in fondant.  The cake is butterbeer flavored, with Butterbeer buttercream.  She loved her cake, and I loved making it.



As a result of these three projects, I now have my first custom order.  "Whatever you feel like making."  Not sure what I will make.  I was thinking something "fall-y," but I don't know.  Have a great day, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!