Sunday, November 7, 2010

And a Pregnant Lady!

Lol!  My good, good friend called me about a month ago with the news that she and her husband are expecting their first baby in the spring.  They are soooooo excited.  She moved to Lubbock, TX when she got engaged a little over a year ago, and sometimes the busy-ness of life gets in the way of keeping in touch.  In my cardmaking frenzy this weekend, I decided she needed a little somethin' somethin'.  I started with some plain white cardstock, layered it with Cordinations, then some DCWV from the Glitter Stack.  I cut the Mom to Be from Everyday Paper Dolls on DCWV textured, white core cardstock, which I sanded. Clothes too.  The purse is cut from a scrap of SU patterned paper.  I added a bit of faux stitching, and a face with my trusty white gelly roll and colored G2's.  Adhered the pieces to the doll with Zig two-way, then popped the Mama off the card with Elmer's dimensional tape.  Added a few ribbon pieces and a handwritten sentiment:  "Hope all goes well... ...until you can see your feet again."  I love it...so cute, and I know she will love it too!

2 comments:

  1. You really did go card crazy this weekend! Super cute stuff too. :) Bring your Cuttlebug when you come up? I wanna check this toy out.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!