Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Few "Gifty" Things



So, for all of my VIP coworkers, I mixed up some hot mocha mix.  I would love to share the recipe, but I don't really know what it would be...I just mix up nonfat dry milk, powdered sugar, powdered unsweetened cocoa, powdered nondairy creamer, and instant coffee till I like the way it looks.  Then I add a pinch or two of salt and call it good.  I put it in these fancy jars, then added a bag of homemade peppermint marshmallow stars--marshmallow recipe is on Martha Stewart Living site.  Instead of vanilla, I add peppermint and a bit of red food coloring to make them PINK (because PINK rocks, of course!)  The snowman is from Hello Kitty Greetings (LOVE THIS ONE!) and the snowflakes from Accent Essentials--which I am using a lot lately.


My wee son's basketball season ended today.  He has had the greatest, most positive experience this year.  His coach has been really awesome.  So, of course, she had to have a Thank You card.  The card is 5x5, with the black background (DCWV Textured White Core) cut at 4.5x4.5, and the basketball from Sports Mania cut at 4x4.  A little organza ribbon (Hobby Lobby, I think) and an MSE stamp, and the card was complete.  I love the bball textured paper from The Paper Company, which I picked up at JoAnn for a quarter.  Here he is, with his coach......


Unfortunately, he's not too "wee" anymore, but a Mama can dream, right?

2 comments:

  1. Our boys will always be "little men" in our hearts I think, it's a mom thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jar, and star cookies. Such a cute gift. It is really nice to hear when kids have a positive experience when playing sports. I really think a good coach can make a world of a difference.:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!