Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom!

So, today was my mom's birthday...she would have been 68 years old.  She was amazing, and while she wasn't perfect, she taught me the most important thing in life--how to love with my whole heart.  Life was not easy for her.  She spent a lot of time battling demons and searching for happiness--but I NEVER doubted that she loved me. When my brother and I were small, she would sing us to sleep every night. And she smelled like Gardenias.  This is a photo of her and me when I was not even a month old.  She always drove a fantastic "tuna boat" car like the T-bird in the background.  (After she sold her Mustang, of course! :))


This is the song she used to sing to us...we were very poor when I was small, but we always had each other and the love that she taught us to have for each other.  Being her daughter was an immeasurable gift.

1 comment:

  1. Your post is so sweet and honest. Made me cry Jen. I can really to you..we have so much in common.

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!