Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Three, Two, One...Whimsical Wednesday Challenge!

Don't y'all just love Wednesdays?  I do!  Being part of this team has made me get back in my craft space on a regular basis, and it has also forced me to leave my comfort zone!  So, if you are stuck in a rut...join a Design Team!  The inspiration out there is top notch!  Now, on with the show...

This week's sponsor is:


The good folks there are offering a $10.00 gift certificate for this week's challenge winner.  How nice, right?  

This week's challenge is dedicated to the idea of "3-2-1."  For our projects, we need to use three of something, two of something else, and one of something.  Sound fun?  Well, it is!

Here is what I came up with:


I don't know about y'all, but my craft room is always a terrible mess.  I am trying to get more organized.  I have been thinking for a while about using food cans to make marker storage that will work.  So, my project is made from repurposed Tomato Sauce cans.  I used 3 different patterned papers to cover them.  I adhered the papers with my ATG.  Then I added 2 different ribbons--each of them was used on wedding invitations made for friends. (Weird that I remember that, huh?  But I always do.  I always remember the weirdest details, like what socks I was wearing on the day my friend and I biked 20 miles into town when we were in high school.)  

Then I used one teeny, tiny Whimsical Designs cupcake stamp from the "With Love" set, which is available for purchase here.


I attached the cupcakes to the ribbon using twine.  I punched them with my SU 3/4" circle punch.  I  would love to say that I purposefully "shabbified" the ink, but the truth is that I stamped it on glossy paper then got impatient, so the ink smeared.  But that's okay, all part of the experience.  

Thanks for stopping by--Leave a comment, pretty please!  I love to read them all!

Jen







7 comments:

  1. Very clever idea Jen! I love these little containers...the paper is so pretty. I really like how you hung the tag off them:) I need to alter some of these for my craft room. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and what a great idea!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I need to get organize too. I try LOL This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a room to call my own. Great job on organizing your room. Love your interpretation.

    Tereese (Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project and yes, my craft room could use those as well :)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike! I recently did the same thing and I love how it just adds a little something in the craft room. I didn't add ribbon, but it is so cute, I might need to do that to mine! TFS!

    Emily (molliemugsblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!