Sunday, October 31, 2010
Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge
This is my entry for Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge. The challenge was to make a Christmas-themed project of your choice. At first, I wasn't going to enter because I had already scrapbooked my son's Christmas page last week, and Emma wants an original project created just for her challenge. I am far from ready to start on my Christmas cards, and my house is tiny, so a lot of Christmas decor isn't gonna work for me. So, when I went to church yesterday morning, I got an invitation to a Christmas ornament and decor exchange for the women in my church. We are to bring a wrapped gift containing decor or an ornament to share. YAY!!!!! I got to enter the challenge! I got busy, and this took forever, but I love how it turned out. First, I cut 4 rounded squares out of chipboard (recycled cracker box) on my expression using the Accent Essentials Cartridge. Then I cut plain white paper to cover two of the squares on each side, and I adhered it with my ATG. I had some black and white toil paper in the "neutral scraps" drawer, and I adhered that to the other square. On the first white square, I used red chalk to color it in. Then I used an ornament stamp from Studio G to stamp ornaments all over the paper. I colored them in with SU markers, then went over the details with a gold MS marker. I chalked black around the edge of the square. For the next square, I used more Studio G stamps colored with SU markers to stamp a tree and ornament all over the background. I rubbed it with a little bit of green chalk, then edged it with a gold MS marker. The third square was simple, since the paper was already patterned. I just edged it with a little red chalk. Then I used my Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut out the letters on Coredinations cardstock. I ran these through the Cuttlebug and sanded them, then adhered them with Elmer's Dots (super strong adhesive). I then coated each square with glossy ModPodge. While that dried, I cut the holly, angel, and poinsettia from the Joys of the Season cartridge on some vellum and added some Stickles to each. Once that dried, I adhered it with the Zig two-way glue pen because it dries clear on vellum. I added some ornament stickers from Walmart. I let it all dry and set overnight, then bound the letters together with the Bind-it-All and added some ribbon. I love, love, love how it turned out. I'm going to do a few more to add to the collection for my Decor gift.