Sunday, October 24, 2010

Turkey for the Table



This is a pinecone turkey that Phillip made for a table decoration in second grade art class.  Art class was the ONLY thing that Phillip liked about second grade!  Thank goodness for his teacher, Javier Gonzalez, who understood my sad little boy and helped him find a passion.  Phillip still loves art, but he likes school, in general, a little better now.  That is thanks to his third-grade teacher, Antonia Ortiz, who saved him from a lifetime of hating school.  And his fourth-grade teacher, Phyllis Vigil, who challenges and nurtures him.  I could go on for days about the people who work with my kids every day.  Let's just say, I am thankful for all them.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of Phillip with this turkey, but I wanted to include it in his album.  When the turkey itself is long gone, the picture of it will live on in this layout.  Again, thanks to Page Maps for the layout idea, and thanks to my cousin Beth over at Scrappy Java Girl for helping me find the Page Maps site.  Check out her daily posts, too.  She creates some super cool things.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, could swear I commented earlier...I love the story behind the LO a d that you are enjoying Page Maps. Have you checked out the card maps?

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!