For this week, we were supposed to use the Mini Monsters Skull, but since I have a whopping total of 8 cartridges, and a very limited crafting budget, I do not have Mini Monsters...so I used the skull from Paper Doll Dress Up--the one on the pirate page.
I'm trying to get creative with my crafting, and stay out of the "card" rut, so I decided to do an altered tin. I am curriculum director in my school district, and I always get sample cd's of different curricula. I almost never purchase the curriculum, but I get lots of fun stuff to alter. This tin held a cd. I covered it with red and patterned DCWV paper. I used Accent Essentials to cut the star, then adhered rhinestones and colored on some swirlies with Martha Stewart glitter paint markers.
I cut the skull from white paper, used a fine tip black marker to trace the cut lines, then coated it with Stampin Up Crystal Effects to make it shine. Then I cut out the guitar from PPDU on DCWV patterned paper recut on silver and layered just the neck on the top. Added some silver and black marker, then coated it with Crystal Effects.
On the inside, I decided to add some Rocker Fun...I cut out skulls and guitars from Shrinky Dink Plastic...this works great--just use the Multicut Feature on the Expression, set on 4. Then I colored them with Sharpie Markers, baked to shrink, and added some magnets to the back. I bought a roll of self-adhesive magnet strip at my local supply store for $1.49.
I will be using this as a positive behavior prize for one of my students at the end of the year. Middle schoolers (both boys and girls) are really big on guitars and skulls, so I think it will be a hit! Thanks for looking, and have lots of fun creating your projects for this week's challenge! Can't wait to see how you flaunt that skull!
Please feel free to leave me a comment and show some blog love! I read every one, and I have enjoyed visiting and following so many other blogs as well!