Friday, January 21, 2011

Tacky Tuesdays Challenge--CAC Whale

Hooray!  I actually got a project done this week!  It has been mad craziness at work and at home, and life is busy.  However, I just had to get this card done for Tacky Tuesdays.  This is a Facebook group, and you have to request to join, but it is totally fun.  The challenge is only every third Tuesday, so it's doable, too.  Last time, the challenge was to use the lettuce cut from one of the carts--From My Kitchen, maybe?

This month's challenge is the whale from Create a Critter.  My first idea was for the card to say, "I'm so happy, I could just squirt!"--but I didn't think that message would come across exactly as I had intended it...might seem a little crude...I don't know.  So then I had another, more brilliant idea--

I love, love, love Dana Carvey, and his Church Lady character from SNL is one of my all-time favorites, so this is my take on the challenge and my "fun" interpretation of the Church Lady's signature line...the card will go to one of my friends who has something to celebrate--one who gets my twisted sense of humor!



I'm still trying to figure out how to "dress up" the inside.  Before I send it, I'll figure that out.  I really like the front of the card, which is 6x6, DCWV Nana's Kids Stack.  Then I took a scrap piece of DCWV White Core, ran it through the Textured Impressions using a Cuttlebug folder.  I have no idea what the name of the folder is, though.  Then I sanded it and adhered it.  I'm out of ATG tape, and I live 150 miles from the nearest Michael's (yeah, I know, it's tragic)...so I picked up some Elmer's tape runner at my nearest Wal-mart (only 25 miles away).  I gotta say, I like that Elmer's.  The ribbon is some leftover I had from making my BFF Jen's wedding invites.  The whale is cut from Coredinations cardstock scrap I had in the scrap pile.  The Green panel is just cut with my Creative Memories scissors.  I used MS glitter paint markers for the sentiment,  Staples gel pen (that fits in my gel pen Cricut adapter) for the faux stitching, Gelly roll and G2 gel pens for the eyes (I think they look kinda sinister, but hey...).  The glitter glue is actually Crayola--pretty sure it isn't acid free, but I love the colors and it's cheap--plus my paper is acid buffering, so I'm really not too worried about it.

Anyway, that's my take on the challenge this week.  Probably won't post again this weekend because Sunday needs to be a "clean-my-house-and-grade-papers-like-crazy day."  Boooooooo!  Hope everyone has a FABULOUS week, and I'll see you back here next Friday for another great day at Flaunt It Friday's, which I didn't do a project for this week because, like I said, my week was nuts!

I promise to read all of your comments, if you want to comment.  I love this whole blogging thing--I have met the neatest people!  

Thanks for reading this rambling post!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    LOL! Great job with the sentiment! Your card is really cute too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tacky Tuesday's challenge!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stack! I works great with your whale:-) I agree on the blogging thing. With a newborn I don't get to crops like I did to meet fellow crafters. This is a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stack! Super Cute whale. I am a new follower and love to invite you to my blog for a cricut expression cover and gypsy bag give away. Enter @ lenascrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!