Friday, February 18, 2011

FCCB--Challenge Me Monday --About the Weather




The Monday challenge at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog this week is to create a project about the weather.  Well, I have a very good friend, the Other Jen, who is always saying "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's learning to dance in the rain."  Last week, she had a particularly rough week.  She is the director of Exceptional Student Services at our school, and she works with some of our most challenging learners--and staff--in order to ensure success for our kids with special needs.  She is awesome at it!  But it is tough.  I wanted to make her a card to show her some support.  When I logged on last night to see what the Monday Challenge was, this card came into my head.  The rain drops are from Gypsy wanderings, rotated slightly and laid out on the Gypsy.  I cut out the blue card overlay, adhered it to the top of the card, then added Stampin' Up Crystal Effects to create the water effect.  The Duck, Umbrella,  and Puddle are from Create a Critter.  Cut at 3 1/4 inches.  I also used the rain drop cutouts on the inside of the card to create a splashing water effect.  The best part is, everything except the card base came from the scrap bin!  I adhered the Duck with an Action Wobble Spring, so it would look like she is actually dancing in the puddle.  I just used my computer and some Creative Memories scalloped scissors to cut out the sentiment.  Thanks for looking.  I hope you enjoy my creation.

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is really going to appreciate this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card for someone who does some very tough and important work-I'm sure she'll love it! I would LOVE to be part of your blog hop!!! My first!! I would be honored. :) Thank you. (I'll add your button to my blog today!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, and such a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! Super cute sentiment and graphics! Thanks for playing at FCCB :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cute! Great saying also. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this and the puddle looks like real water. Such a great card

    ReplyDelete

I really love to read your comments! Thanks for the love!